This year’s Regional Heritage Fair is scheduled for Thursday, May 9, 2019 at the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre (LCLC).
8:00 AM – Fair students arrive to register and set up in the foyer
8:30 AM – Judges arrive
9:00 AM – Opening Ceremonies
9:30 AM – Approximately 15 students will remain in foyer with projects to be judged: remaining 30 students will participate in two group workshop activities in nearby rooms
10:10 AM – #2 Group of 15 students to be judged in foyer and workshop activities
10:50 AM – #3 Group of 15 students to be judged in foyer and workshop activities
**Throughout the morning judges will use side office as meeting room to collaborate
11:30 AM -As judges finish judging projects, they will proceed to side office for lunch
11:35 AM – Students will meet in foyer and, when instructed, will proceed to food service room as they finish workshop or being judged
11:35 AM to 12:00 PM – Public Viewing – Students will return to foyer to be with their project for public viewing
12:00 PM – Closing ceremonies will begin; awards will be presented in foyer
12:30 PM – Students remove their personal belongings and their project
“Inquiry requires that students formulate and clarify questions, investigate problems, analyze relevant information,
and develop rational conclusions supported by evidence.”
- Steps to Successful Heritage Fair Projects
- Heritage Fair Assessment Rubric
- 2017 Regional Heritage Fair Awards & Prizes
- 2017 Regional Heritage Fair Photo Gallery
A few setup reminders for Heritage Fair:
1) Any student needing an outlet must bring an extension cord. We will provide outlets at their station, but an extension cord must be brought to accommodate their equipment.
2) There is no guarantee of Internet availability at the fair.
3) Set-up of projects is from 8:00 am – 8:55 am. Opening ceremonies will start promptly at 9:00 am.
4) Students will be divided into groups of three. As one group is being judged, the other two groups will be participating in historical based workshops.
5) According to the National Heritage Rules, there is to be no other person / guest on the floor at the time of judging: only the judges and students being judged may be on the floor together.