Update #4. Power has now been restored at Petite Rivière Elementary School and it is scheduled to open on Monday, Sept. 26/22.
Update # 3. Power has now been restored at Pentz Elementary School and it is scheduled to open on Monday, Sept. 26/22.
Update #2. Power has now been restored at New Ross Consolidated school and it is scheduled to open on Monday, Sept. 26/22.
Update #1. Over the weekend, SSRCE staff have been assessing schools for damages due to Hurricane Fiona and staying in contact with Nova Scotia Power for details on power restoration times.
Most schools and offices/worksites in SSRCE are scheduled to be open tomorrow, Monday, Sept. 26/22, except the following schools that are still currently without power. We will provide an update related to these schools, as soon as possible tomorrow morning (approximately 6 a.m.)
- Pentz Elementary School
- Petite Rivière Elementary School
- Aspotogan Consolidated Elementary School
- New Ross Consolidated School
Please remember to check multiple sources for updates. Information on cancellations will be shared in the following ways:
- Check our website at www.ssrce.ca
- Facebook and Twitter
- Listen to your radio (local radio stations are informed)
- We will send an e-mail to parents/guardians of those impacted schools with email addresses in PowerSchool.